Thinking about growing marijuana is not enough. You have to make some serious thinking on various aspects of growing it. Marijuana is a type of plant famous for its medicinal properties and legal in many countries. But at the same time, you should not forget that it is not legal in many countries because of its usage for other purposes rather than medicine.
You are here, so we are assuming that you are interested in growing marijuana in your indoor or outdoor space. This is a very right decision considering the various benefits of growing marijuana at home. Once you start growing, you receive the following benefits:-
- Complete flexibility for you to decide when to grow, how to grow etc.
- Options to choose the best types of marijuana for your consumption.
- Marijuana growing gives you some extra bucks as you may sell the extra cannabis.
- You will get organic and authentic marijuana at your home.
- You may get into hobbies of gardening by starting growing marijuana.
- Enjoyment and business both at the same time in the case of marijuana growing.
Please note: POTGAGE is NOT a legal adviser. Information contained in this website is intended as general introductory information only. The information contained on this website is not legal advice. It should not be construed as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such.
So, now you have understood the benefits of growing marijuana, there are some things you must consider before start growing.
1. Legality: – It is your responsibility to confirm whether it is legally allowed to grow marijuana in your place of stay. Various countries and various states inside a country do not allow growing marijuana at home. Additionally, in some other cases, there is a law governing how and when to grow marijuana. In some parts of the world, growing is allowed legally but the number of plants to be grown is limited. Purpose also plays a great role in deciding whether it is allowed or not. You should consider all these points before growing marijuana.
2. Space: – Marijuana plants need an Ideal condition to grow and give you the desired result. When we talk about ideal conditions, space is the most important aspect. In an ideal condition, marijuana gardens require a minimum of around 9 square feet (0.8 square meters). This much space is required if you have a plan to grow indoors. But if you decide to grow outdoors, then the idea space is between 4 square feet to 25 square feet. Here you have to decide whether you prefer to grow indoor or outdoor. Depending upon your decision to grow indoor or outdoor, you must have enough space available for marijuana growing.
3. Intent to grow: – Ideally talking, this is the first step of consideration while growing marijuana. Without any intent, you cannot grow marijuana. You must have understood your main objectives of growing marijuana. Once you have intent, then only you may have the confidence to grow. You need to believe in your gardening skills for growing marijuana. It requires hard work and confidence to grow marijuana. Without that, you may end up giving up growing in between.
4. Availability of ideal condition for growing: – Marijuana growing is all about ideal condition. Non-availability of the same may end up damaging your plant. When we talk about ideal conditions it means, presence of an ample amount of light, availability of a watering facility, a good amount of fertile soil, and ideal temperature and humidity. Sunlight is the best light system for marijuana growing but it is only available in case you are growing outdoors. In the case of indoor growing, artificial lighting systems like CFL, LED are the best. Proper light up to 18 to 24 hours is best or ideal for faster growth of marijuana. At the same time, we cannot ignore the importance of proper temperature range and humidity.
5. Presence of required nutrients in soil: – Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium are the three main nutrients that a marijuana plant needs. Along with that a good amount of water is also required. Soils fulfill the requirement of nitrogen if it is fertile. While choosing the best soil for marijuana growing, you must consider having alluvial soil. This type of soil is best for growing because it is full of humus and it has a great capacity to hold water particles for a long.
This soil does not need watering more as compared to the other type of soil. Nitrogen is generally found in fertile soil but the other two nutrients must be given by the growers. Also, in case nitrogen is not available in the soil, you may use any nitrogen-based fertilizers.
The ph level of the soil is also very much important. Generally, marijuana growing requires a balanced PH level. Soils with PH level less than 7 and more than 7 is not ideal.
6. Good knowledge about types of marijuana and your preference based on that: – Knowledge and information about various types of marijuana is most before growing. Once you start growing without any proper knowledge, you will not get the expected result.
There are three types of marijuana: – Sativa, Indica, and Rudrellina. Sativa is the best for cultivation because it is the most potent and highly popular among marijuana lovers. It has good medicinal properties too. But it takes more time to ripe as compared to other types. The second best option is Indica. If you need potency, then growing Rudrelias is useless. There is no demand for this type of marijuana in the market also. Get some more knowledge about the type and their required ideal condition before start growing.
Having thought of growing marijuana is not enough, you must consider the above-mentioned points before growing. However, if you have the required knowledge, hard work, and a passion to grow, you will get success in growing marijuana. It is not rocket science to grow it, start growing from today itself by following the mentioned consideration.